November 25, 2021, Pickering Ontario. – The Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCNI) held its second virtual AGM & Awards Event on November 25 with broad participation from its 248 member companies.
The 2021 OCNI Supplier Excellence Awards were presented to five OCNI member companies by OCNI President and CEO Ron Oberth. “I am proud to recognize OCNI member companies for their achievements exemplifying the strength and depth of Canada’s nuclear supply chain.” said Ron in announcing the winners:
- “Balance Means Business” Award: X-energy Canada for helping the nuclear industry to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) and for being a leader in demonstrating the value of gender diversity in enhancing business excellence.
- “Customer Service” Award: Nu-Tech Precision Metals Inc. for consistently exceeding customer expectations and building a distinguished reputation based on a track record of solutions for customers in the nuclear energy sector.
- “Innovation” Award: Brotech Precision CNC for developing an innovative robotic process automation system to review and approve documents with speed, productivity, and management oversight for the Canadian nuclear industry.
- “Innovation” Award: L3Harris Technologies for three years of in-depth research and technical development of the first-of-a-kind, real-time simulation of a Generation IV molten salt reactor, the Orchid®-based IMSR® plant simulator.
- “Export” Award: Kanata Electronic Services Ltd. for delivering world-leading nuclear products and services to customers in Romania, Korea, Argentina and China and having a significant export growth of 49% in the last year.
OCNI is also pleased to announce that Ahab Abdel-Aziz of Gowling WLG has been re-elected as Chair of the Board of Directors. OCNI members also approved the appointment of five new directors for three-year terms on the 15-person OCNI Board. The list of OCNI directors for 2021-22 includes:
- Ahab Abdel-Aziz of Gowling WLG – Chair
- Desiree Norwegian of Atunda Inc. – Vice-Chair
- Tanya Bodiroga of AMAG Inc. – Secretary
- Doug Brophy of United Engineers & Constructors, Inc. – Treasurer
- Alex Sakuta of Promation Nuclear – returning
- Andrew Lawrence of Deep Trekker – returning
- Domenica Macasevic of Trillium Flow Technologies – returning
- Fabricia Piñeiro of Westinghouse – returning
- Mario Pieries of Hatch – returning
- Michael Chatlani of L3Harris – returning
- Amy Gottschling of Kinectrics – newly appointed
- Lisa McBride of GE Hitachi Nuclear – newly appointed
- Matt MacDonald of Aecon – newly appointed
- Natalie Cutler of BWXT – newly appointed
- Simona Besnea of SNC-Lavalin – newly appointed
Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCNI) is an association of more than 240 suppliers to the Canadian and international nuclear industry that employ more than 15,000 highly skilled and specialized engineers, technologists, and trades people. OCNI companies design reactors, manufacture major equipment and components, and provide engineering services and support to CANDU nuclear power plants in Canada as well as to CANDU and Light Water Reactor (LWR) plants in offshore markets.
Dr. Ron Oberth, President, Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries
905.830.0073 or 647.407.6081, email@example.com.
Lauren Lowns, Manager Operational Services and Member Support, Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries
905.839.0073 or 365.886.4984, firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the full Press Release here