OCNI BOARD ELECTIONS – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Due: October 18, 2021 (deadline)
The Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCNI) is now accepting nominations for positions on its Board of Directors. OCNI is a Canadian registered not-for-profit organization established in 1979 to promote the interests of its member companies who supply goods and services to the nuclear industry.
Directors will be elected to serve for a three-year term and may serve for a maximum of three (3) consecutive terms. There are four (4) open positions on our 15-member Board for which we are soliciting nominations.
Serving on the Board of OCNI is your opportunity to promote the wellbeing of the industry and the growth of its member companies through your participation in strategic planning and good governance of the organization. OCNI directors are expected to prepare for and participate in Board meetings, participate on Board committees, and attend OCNI events. OCNI directorships are unpaid voluntary positions.
The Board has self-evaluated its current skills and has identified skill gaps to be filled. While we welcome nominations from all qualified individuals, the following have been identified as key areas, which would be desirable to strengthen the Board skills:
- Nominees with a strong governance and legal background
- Nominees with relevant financial and treasury experience
- Nominees with strong government and stakeholder relations skills
- Nominees with relevant HR and staffing experience and related skills
- Nominees with other Board experience
OCNI are proud champions of equality and inclusion. Diversity within our Board of Directors helps to strengthen and promote equality across our companies, communities, and industry. We encourage member companies to nominate candidates from a diverse range of gender, racial, sexual orientation, religious, disability and cultural backgrounds for the upcoming board elections.
Potential candidates should note the following:
- Participation in the six (6) board meetings per year is mandatory.
- Participation on at least one (1) board committee is also required.
- Travel for board meetings may be necessary.
Nominees must be representatives of OCNI Full Member Companies in good standing. Nominations to the OCNI Board must be submitted in writing (e-mail is acceptable), and must be accompanied by the following:
- A nomination letter from a current OCNI member in good standing, not current employer, that demonstrates relationships in the industry.
- Written consent by the nominee to stand for election
- A brief biography with a photo outlining the nominee’s position in the member company, their related board experience, and any additional valuable expertise
- Any campaign messaging that the nominee may wish to convey to the membership about their interest in the position, and how their abilities will serve to strengthen the OCNI Board and their vision for OCNI
- Current Directors whose term ends November 2021 only need to submit items 2, 3, 4, and 5 above
- Complete the Skills and Experience Matrix included in the nomination form
- A completed Nomination Form
A biography of the nominees including the campaign messaging will be included in the ballot documentation provided to voting members.
Nominations should be submitted to Lauren Lowns by e-mail (email@example.com), fax (905-839-7085) or mail (219-1550 Kingston Road, Pickering, ON L1V 1C3) and must be received no later than October 18, 2021.
The Nomination Form can also be completed on the OCNI website HERE.
Electronic voting for director positions will take place from November 8 to November 19 inclusive. A slate of four (4) candidates based on the results of the election process will be presented to the membership at the 2021 OCNI Annual General Meeting on November 25th for ratification.
The OCNI Director responsibilities can be found below under downloads. Nominees may also request to see OCNI’s Elections and Nominations Committee Policy.
If you have any questions, please contact Domenica Macasevic, Chair of the Elections and Nominations Committee (Domenica.Macasevic@trilliumflow.com)
For more information on the election process and rules, please visit our website here.
OCNI Board of Director Responsibilities
OCNI Nominations form