OCNI Board of Directors Elections
Representatives from OCNI’s Full Member companies in Good Standing will select candidates in the coming weeks to serve on the OCNI Board of Directors for three-year terms. Participation on the OCNI Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for individuals in in OCNI member companies to provide oversight to Canada’s nuclear supply chain association in building a stronger nuclear industry. Board participation also presents an opportunity for individuals to grow personally and professionally, and to develop skills, experience and connections with a team of other passionate and motivated individuals.
There are a total of 13 seats on the OCNI Board – currently six members are in the middle of their terms and not up for re-election. In this voting process seven Director positions will be filled.
- October 21, 2020: Announcement of candidates to the Membership
- October 20 – November 8, 2020: Campaign period
- November 5, 2020: Primary contact – voting registration closes
- November 9 – 20, 2020: Voting period – all campaigning by candidates must cease
- November 20, 2020: EOB votes tallied and provided to Committee Chair
- November 23,2020: Committee chair will inform all candidates of outcome of elections and next steps
- November 26, 2020: Elected candidates will be presented to the membership for ratification at the OCNI AGM
Voting Process for Primary (Voting) Members
View Candidate Information
For each candidate, OCNI publishes the unedited responses to the non-confidential nomination form. To view the candidate information click here. Candidate profiles are on the OCNI website. Each candidate has provided a biography/resume and was asked to provide any campaign messaging that they wished to convey to the membership about their interest in the position, what they will strive to accomplish, and how their abilities will serve to strengthen the Board. This information can be found by clicking Campaign Materials next to their name.
Eligibility to Vote
To be eligible to vote in OCNI Elections, each OCNI Member organization must designate one Voting Contact with a valid OCNI Online account and must be a General Member in Good Standing at the time voting opens. Login to the OCNI member portal or contact Ruth Puckrin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out who from your organization is eligible to vote. Please note you must be registered to vote by November 5, 2020.
The Voting Contact for each OCNI Member organization must have a valid OCNI Online account to be eligible to vote in OCNI Elections.
- On any OCNI web page, click on Member Portal between November 9 and November 20, 2020
- Click on the “Vote Now” badge on your dashboard (mid page on the right, if you have multiple badges you may have to scroll right to find this badge).
- You must select a slate (seven, unique) candidates, one per drop down. Any ballots with an incomplete slate or one where candidate selection is not unique will be rejected in the backend of the voting system. As ballots are secret OCNI will be unable to open voting up again for you to re-select your slate, and your vote will be considered spoiled.
- A vote confirmation page will appear after submission. Please note that once a ballot has been cast, under no circumstances can a ballot be altered.