Congratulations to all the 2020 award recipients!
2021 Award Nominations Period:
August 9, 2021 – November 5, 2021
Click here to view the form.
The OCNI Supplier Excellence Awards are the highest recognition the Association can give to its members. Each OCNI member plays an integral part in the integrity and success of the program by identifying and nominating deserving candidates for an award.
OCNI full members are invited to nominate deserving fellow members and others for awards that will be presented at the OCNI AGM each year.
Balance Means Business Award
This award will honour an individual (person, team, or department) that has demonstrated a deep and sustained commitment to advancing gender equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) throughout their career. This award recognizes an outstanding individual (person, team, or department) who has used their voice to make their organization and the supply chain a more equitable and inclusive space.
2020 Award Sponsored by:
- Deep and sustained record of professional involvement in activities that promote gender equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the supply chain
- Demonstration of active engagement in advocacy for, and advancing of, gender EDI
- Reputation for using voice to take a stand on critical issues related to gender EDI
- Can be a person, a team, a department, or an organization whose work has served as a role model/best practice, breaks barriers, and helps facilitate employment, opportunities, and access for others from diverse backgrounds
2020 Award presented to Elizabeth Buckmaster
Elizabeth is recognized for her work and awarded the 2020 Balance means Business award for tirelessly working to balance the table and elevate the voices of women in the Nuclear Energy sector.
The Innovation Award recognizes and celebrates innovation in the Canadian nuclear supply chain. Any OCNI full member is eligible for this award. Since this award is industry based rather than individual focused, it is conceivable that a member could nominate themselves.
The innovation could be a process, product, service, technology, etc., and it should drive growth or achieve a leadership position in the industry, and the nomination should provide evidence of its successful implementation and the results.
2019 Award presented to: Worldwide Security for developing innovative wireless communications and establishing a new performance standard for in vault communications for the Canadian nuclear industry.
- Degree of Innovation which may be assessed as the innovativeness of the delivery of the product/service; the approach and solution to a challenge; a new product, service, process or technology; the implementation, organization or model underpinning the solution/program/service/etc.
- The potential to create an impact on the supply chain and the greater community
- The likeliness that the idea/innovation can be sustained and have a significant, long-lasting and increasing impact; the idea/innovation can be scaled or applied to other communities
- The creativity of an adaptation of an innovation or an original innovation
- The innovation should not be more than three years old but must have been in existence long enough to have been tested to meet the criteria
2020 Innovation Award presented to Deep Trekker
Deep Trekker’s work in developing innovative pipe crawlers and establishing a new performance standard for crawler visual inspection for the Canadian nuclear industry shows their commitment to growth and finding innovative solutions for nuclear projects.
Service Excellence Award
This award recognizes an OCNI company that has demonstrated a consistent commitment to providing top-quality customer service and who rise up and exceed customer or client expectations.
2019 Award presented to: Alithya for consistently exceeding customer
expectations and building a distinguished reputation based on track record of
customer solutions in the nuclear energy sector.
- Commitment to exceptional service standards that consistently exceed customer/client expectations
- Proficiency in meeting or exceeding the changing needs of customers/clients
- Preservation of high service standards through effective staff/team training and development
- Extends community support above and beyond their business or professional responsibilities
2020 Service Excellence Award Presented to SNC Lavalin
The award recognizes SNC-Lavalin’s consistency in exceeding customer expectations and building a distinguished reputation based on a track record of solutions for customers in the nuclear energy sector.
The OCNI Export Award recognizes and honors OCNI member companies engaged in international business who have achieved sustainable growth through innovation and commitment. This award applauds significant export sales revenues or a successful move into challenging new export markets for its products or services.
- Viability of the business, its product/service, and how successful the company’s exports/international business activities have been this year
- Nominations must clearly state what the export/international successes have been for the current year
- Indicate what the competitive edge of your product/service is in the marketplace
- If the export is e-Commerce based, please provide details on innovations in tools used, online marketing strategy, customer engagement, and fulfillment
2020 Export Award presented to Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is considered the stand-out Canadian nuclear practice and the group is respected internationally for their work in and outside Canada. OCNI recognizes this and awards them the 2020 Export Award for the work recently concluded in Egypt conducting market-leading negotiations on the country’s new nuclear facilities.
2020 Export Award presented to Kinectrics Ltd.
The award recognizes their ongoing work in Romania with Societatea Nationala Nuclearelectrica (SNN) to perform the Periodic Safety Review (PSR) and an update to the fire hazard analysis for Cernovoda. They continue to stand as an example of the export capacity of Canada’s Nuclear Supply Chain.